<body scroll="auto">
Saturday, July 23, 2005
haiz... my family and I sent my maid off to her country today... yep... her contract expires today... and so.... the Chan family will be maid-less for exactly a month... I seriously wonder how are we going to survive through this ordeal.... especially since all my 16 years.... I've always had a maid... yep.. and at times... we had two maids...

so this was what happened today in the first episode of "Days of Our Maidless Life"...
  • all of us were assigned duties... to do our part in keeping the house clean... and since my dad stood up for me.. I only had to wash my own clothes... haha... but come to think of it... it's A LOT already... since I've never washed my own clothes before.
  • and so I attempted to wash my clothes... and took almost one full hour... and wasted 5 buckets full of water... if this carries on.... Singapore will have to carry out water rationing much more frequently due to the sudden increase in consumption of water.... I don't know what would have happened if I were to wash the whole family's clothes.... even the thought of it scares me...
  • my mum asked my brother to sweep the kitchen floor and he asked..... "Huh... use what to sweep arh?"..... yep... that's how primitive my family is when it comes to house work...
  • my mum attempted to boil water..... and after a while.... she took the kettle off the stove and I just happened to be there.... so she told me.... "I'm not sure if the water is really boiled already leh..."... and so... we will be off to get a new whistling kettle soon.... so we'll know if the water is boiled already...
  • my mum had to buy a new rice cooker that can cook rice(mixed, brown and white).... porridge... sushi.... and do loads more of other stuff.... because we have totally no idea how long we are supposed to cook the rice.....
  • went to Courts to look for a steam iron because we're going to have trouble ironing our clothes....
yep... I seriously think we will be suffering without a maid for one month..... argh.... I can't wait for one month to be over soon.....
oh.... I was flipping through this book:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
when I saw the term "Lardface"in this picture...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
so lardface existed way before hk coined it.... yep... so hk don't ever say that you are a lardface.... or it'll just mean that you look like that.... which totally isn't true....

"Cause when you talk to me..."

11:05 PM






Profile


Smile, God loves you. Keep smiling and others will too! =)








Currents
sarah loves the people in her life.
her family [overly anxious, world's #1 parents, comical brother, wacky sister]
her friends [zany churchmates, hardworking coursemates, crazy juniors, fun-loving seniors, long-lost sec sch friends, handsome rover (and of course his owner geok, an ever loyal friend), MJCSB/AB (which definitely includes wonderful-est huiks, pok and fab)]
her hallmates [amusing (recently turned bimbo) roomie, fantastic people met in hall]
everyone else, who left a mark in her life. [you, you and you]


Rants


Links

Archive


Credits
Designer: Fish_fries
Photo: Flogao/Byluluka
Font: 1
Texture: 1
Brushes: 1 4 3
Pattern: 1
Hosts: 1 4