<body scroll="auto">
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
I'm back from Genting!!!... but actually... I really miss the place... the experience there... everything.... oh by the way... Meridian got GOLD WITH DISTINCTION!.... and a second place.... but we weren't really happy with that second place 'cause we all fel that the first place was rightfully ours... but sadly... we overtimed by 17 seconds..(I shan't say why we ended up overtiming... 'cause it'll probably make me mad all over again).....and so we got a WHOLE 5% of our total marks deducted from our score.... making us lose to Orchid Park by a mere 0.08%!.... the volcano in my head almost erupted in frustration.. disappointment and anger... I mean 0.08!!?!?!?!?!??!?!.... nah.. forget it... we've all somewhat gotten over it... after Yi Jun.. Kai Ling... Donovan and Miss Sia made their speeches... I think what mattered most was the wonderful experience during the competition... how we played as a band... and how we moved to the music together...

oh... we stayed in First World hotel by the way... and it wasn't as bad as what I imagined it to be.... the hotel rooms were quite horrible actually... and the management even had the cheek to put this notice beside the sink which goes something like "According to section 380 of the penal code.... ...... .... ... ... we could be charged for stealing the hotel's properties"... something like that.... but there wasn't anything at all to steal in the first place.... even their shampoo and soap was 2-in-1.... like the Johnson Kid's top to toe wash only that it doesn't smell as fruity... and it's white in colour... but other than that... and the sometimes horrible food served... the outside of the hotel... i mean the lobby and everything was very nicely designed and decorated....

the trip to Genting was a rather relaxing one actually... 'cause we had a lot of free time.... so some of us went to the "Haunted Adventure".... yep.... it wasn't that scary to me.... 'cause Hui Koon and Fabian were in front screaming their lungs out and so I kinda expected what was going to come out next.... I was only really really afraid that something would just drop on me out of nowhere.... but nothing like that happened....

other than that.... we slept at really unearthly hours every night except the first.... Hui Koon was my roommate... and Justin... Fabian... Kin Lok... Kenny were half my roommates too 'cause they were there practically every night to crap with us.... I'll definitely miss those crapping sessions.... come to think of it.... Justin was 3/4 my roommate... 'cause he spent half .... slightly less than his whole time in Genting with Hui Koon... haha...

and I've got to say that the view from the top of Genting was spectacular at night... a group of us went up the slope one night... and ya... though it was freezing.... I didn't regret walking up.... I wished Singapore had something like that somewhere.....

Oh... my juniors from Hai Sing were there too!... yep... they took part in the competition too... and they got a GOLD!!... so proud of them... 'cause they didn't have that many practices and still they made it to the top 5!!!...

like Fabian said.... the Genting trip was a good mix of laughter, tears and triumph.... and it's the best experience we had as a band so far.... I totally agree.... and it's a really nice ending to our honeymoon period in J1.... before we begin the race towards A-levels....

"Cause when you talk to me..."

11:48 AM






Profile


Smile, God loves you. Keep smiling and others will too! =)








Currents
sarah loves the people in her life.
her family [overly anxious, world's #1 parents, comical brother, wacky sister]
her friends [zany churchmates, hardworking coursemates, crazy juniors, fun-loving seniors, long-lost sec sch friends, handsome rover (and of course his owner geok, an ever loyal friend), MJCSB/AB (which definitely includes wonderful-est huiks, pok and fab)]
her hallmates [amusing (recently turned bimbo) roomie, fantastic people met in hall]
everyone else, who left a mark in her life. [you, you and you]


Rants


Links

Archive


Credits
Designer: Fish_fries
Photo: Flogao/Byluluka
Font: 1
Texture: 1
Brushes: 1 4 3
Pattern: 1
Hosts: 1 4