so yesterday was the last day of my attachment to Make-A-Wish Foundation.... and somehow... I feel.... I'll miss working there... yea.. eventhough I wouldn't exactly say that the things we did there were fun... but I don't know... I miss doing all the referral forms... the data entry for the wish children and the donors... filing... and running errands... the end of this attachment would also mean that there'll be no more eating of crispy chicken or the omelette noodles with Soo Kun and Hui Koon.. after the attachment... because somehow.... the administrative work seem to make us feel more hungry than ever.. haha..
Our final task is to bring this donation box to Merrill Lynch... this company near the Esplanade that looked like a hotel inside.... haha... the system of the donation works such that when you donate money... either $20, $50 or $100.... you'll take a star that indicated the amount you donated and hang it on the Christmas tree beside it... ya.. and the person-in-charge was very generous... he started the ball rolling by donating a $100..... but then again.... $100 might mean nothing to him... 'cause according to Soo Kun... he just threw the money into the box.... think he was also very nice... all smiles and everything...
this sounds gay.... but I think I'm going to miss Sally... Haryati and Valerie... yep.. they're really nice people... and this attachment really made me see things from another point of view.... all along I have had my doubts about such organisations... but then when I saw all the pictures of children with their wishes fulfilled(there were even receipts to prove them)... and their happy faces... I think my opinion of such organisations have changed... well... at least for Make-A-Wish foundation....
during my time there... there were loads of occasions when I just close documents that I spent hours and hours typing without saving them... thank God that somehow.. the documents were saved... or else I would have just cried.... haha...
oh by the way... Make-A-Wish foundation a
ims to bring a ray of sunshine to the lives of children challenged by a life-threatening illness by granting their heartfelt wishes.... yep.... and so if you're financially able..... do donate to Make-A-Wish!... oh no... I sound like I'm promoting them.... haha...
went to eat at Fish & Co. The Glass House after the attachment thing... to celebrate the last day of our attachment actually... we all had Fish & Chips and Passionfruit drink... and almost couldn't foot the bill after that.... haha... thank God for coins!!!...haha..
"Cause when you talk to me..."
6:15 PM