<body scroll="auto">
Monday, May 22, 2006
If you're wondering what I'm doing here at such an unearthly hour.. it's because I just finished maths tutorial... atended my cousin's wedding just now... I thought she looked really different... all grown up already... although she's just 23...

I felt the urge to blog about the concert before I totally lose the feel... 'Joie de Vivre II' will probably be the last ever concert I'll be playing as an official band member... and I'm really glad to be part of it...

The day started with section breakfast with only half the section turning up because it was a little too early.. all of us except for Melissa.. was late... as usual... we returned to school and then the mad rush began... from the loading of instruments... looking for extra tickets at the last minute... clarinet section annual general meeting... exchanging of flowers(I felt really extremely guilty 'cause I didn't buy any this year)... to photo-whoring... all the events... to the rehearsals were occuring at lightning speed.. till I didn't even have time to think of anything else other than the concert...

Crazy things happened during this concert... my last concert... a good example would be me forgetting to bring my reed to tuning... haha.. thank God Zheng Yi had extras.. but I almost died playing 'cause he was using size 4... and I already had problems with 31/2... haha.. then Naz lost his handphone on the concert day... and so I couldn't get him at all... I didn't manage to look for Naz and co. during the intermission 'cause their phones were all switched off...

The whole concert whizzed past sooo fast... but I thought it ended well... with everyone becoming really high from all that cheering and screaming...

When on stage.. Bryan asked me, "Don't you feel sad.. like you won't get to play in a band anymore... Like you won't wanna join band in NUS(I'm not even close to confident of getting in) right?"... but it didn't hit me at all until the very next day during lesson... I was doing my overdue work when the thought that I'll never get to play in a band again struck me... it hit me real hard then... and I fought hard to hold back the tears... memories kept crashing through.. and songs kept replaying in my head till I had no mood to do any work... my teacher thought I had flu and so she gave me 5 packets of Vitamin C drink... haha... but it came into good use 'cause I really had flu after that...

Some things I'll miss being in band for:
~the sleepless nights before concert
~mastering a difficult passage
~the high after the announcement of results after every competition
~the feeling of playing with a nice reed
~the mad rush during concerts
~slacking in the bandroom
~THE AFTER CONCERT FEEL
~the company
~taking time off during practices to the toilet even though we didn't feel urgent or anything like that... to take a breather...
~the mad rush during concert to get ready and go on stage when the bell rang
Loads more...

I'm really thankful that my band life ended with 'Joie de Vivre II'...
Special thanks to:
~Hui Yi who turned up for my very last concert as an official band member... although such concerts are not her type and she really wasn't interested...
~People who gave me flowers... I thought it was a really nice act...
~People who wished me well.. whether through sms or phonecall....
~the juniors for the delicious famous amos cookies.. you guys are really sweet
~Hui Koon who stayed up till 6.30am before the concert to make little cards for us.. it was really thoughtful of you...
~Charity who accompanied me to look for Naz and co... although I didn't manage to look for them in the end... ~Bryan who offered to help me carry the flowers when my hands were full of stuff to carry...
~the wonderful audience... without them... we couldn't have a sell out concert could we?...

and to the special people who made my life so colourful in band... ATP n friends.. Clarinet section..my Hai Sing pals..Group 8..people who made the effort to talk to me all the time... here's a big THANK YOU! to you... You guys rock!..

"Cause when you talk to me..."

2:12 AM






Profile


Smile, God loves you. Keep smiling and others will too! =)








Currents
sarah loves the people in her life.
her family [overly anxious, world's #1 parents, comical brother, wacky sister]
her friends [zany churchmates, hardworking coursemates, crazy juniors, fun-loving seniors, long-lost sec sch friends, handsome rover (and of course his owner geok, an ever loyal friend), MJCSB/AB (which definitely includes wonderful-est huiks, pok and fab)]
her hallmates [amusing (recently turned bimbo) roomie, fantastic people met in hall]
everyone else, who left a mark in her life. [you, you and you]


Rants


Links

Archive


Credits
Designer: Fish_fries
Photo: Flogao/Byluluka
Font: 1
Texture: 1
Brushes: 1 4 3
Pattern: 1
Hosts: 1 4