yep alex.. I'm here as promised.. yep anyway.. I'm getting increasingly lazy to update... not like I got loads to talk about anyway...
Band practice was a killer today for starters... I think my lips would have cracked if Miss Sia didn't decided to stop the practice... and I swear the whole band sounded horrible towards the end of the practice.. haha.. the 2nds(clarinets) were like taking turns to play.. except Zheng Yi of course... he seemed to have endless breaths...
anyway.. Mrs Seng decided to show us a video on the Human Genome Project.. I kinda found it interesting... but I really disagreed with some of the things I saw...
There was this little girl who was diagnosed with some form of anaemia... and her only form of cure was a bone marrow transplant... Unfortunately... to find a match for the bone marrow is like looking for a needle in a haystack... the most probable match for a bone marrow would be that of a sibling's... but.. at that point in time.. the only 'sibling' she knew of was her dog.... so her parents in hope to find a match for her daughter.. decided to give her a sibling.. through the choosing of genes... which makes her brother a 'designer' baby ... and she's alive and well now thanks to her brother...
Sounds like a happy ending?... I beg to differ... true.. the little girl might be saved... but I really felt that the very moment her brother was formed... his life was somehow degraded due to the fact that the only reason he was made... was to save his sister... I mean... the parents didn't have plans for a baby in the first place... the only reason why he is living now... is because his sister needed his bone marrow.. ya... this is just one of the things I saw that I quite disagree with..
that aside... I went to Music Extraodinaire... this year's competitors were much better actually... but didn't manage to watch the whole thing 'cause it was my dad's birthday...
Happy Belated Birthday Dad! With our dearest band president... who happened to be one of the contestants..
"Cause when you talk to me..."
8:37 PM