I think it's been almost a month now since I've got this job. I'm currently working at a company who plans and manages events. It's actually a part-time job, so when they need people, they'll just contact me to come down.(So people, if you want a job that doesn't require you to work everyday, you can contact me!)It's not a stable source of income but at least I get to rest at home on some days!
Hmm, actually come to think of it, I was working everyday last week, so the job's not that bad afterall right!.. Anyway, I get to learn different things there as well. Like registration, ushering during events and also telemarketing and data-entry before and after events. The good thing about telemarketing for this job is that I don't have to sell anything! I just have to call people to ask if they'll be interested to come for that particular event, and most of the time, people say their not free or not interested, which makes my job easier cause I won't have to explain what the event is about! *evil grin*
Anyway, on many events, I got really amused doing telemarketing. Most of the telephone numbers they provide are usually the company's main line so there'll be this answering machine kind of thing, "For accounts, please press one. IT, press 2............." something like that... BUT there were a few companies that got people who couldn't pronounce properly to do it. It came out like this, "For accounts, PREASE press 1. IT, PREASE press 2." I immediately put down the phone because I was laughing so so badly. And there's another classic one, "Your CORR RIS IMPOREN to us........" I almost died from laughing too much. I mean, it's a company line, shouldn't you get someone who sounds more professional to do it?
AND then came those people with really really really wierd names. Just recently, my partner called someone with an English name of Mighty-Shrek. He called for that person using the person's chinese name instead in case there was no such person and the receptionist or operator would think that he was playing the fool. It went something like that,
Telemarketer:"Hello, good morning, I'm looking for a Mr. (Surname+Chinese name)"
Receptionist:"Oh, you're talking about Mr Mighty?"
MY GOODNESS! The person really existed lah! His parents ought to be shot for giving their child such a name. If I were Mr. Mighty, I would have gone to change my name a really long time ago.
"Cause when you talk to me..."
6:24 PM