<body scroll="auto">
Saturday, July 07, 2007
There wasn't anything blog worthy today, but I love today's date! 07/07/07! haha.. my dad told me that there's one hotel that had 13 weddings going on today!!!! Woah.. I wonder how they coped.

oh, Wednesday was Joey's last event! She's so nice, I do hope we'll cross paths again! It was a pity though that Byron couldn't join us for her last event. Anyway, Hui Koon and I were pretty much looking forward to Wednesday, but sadly, through the day, things didn't go very well, BUT it ended well!! Although we did still feel a little disappointed, shocked, guilty and I don't know, cheated?

I was really feeling quite down and guilty, but dinner was a life saver! =) And even more so cause I had dinner with Hui Koon at a nearby Korean restaurant! Outings with Hui Koon are great not only cause she never fails to amuse me with all her weird antics and how we'll always manage to land ourselves in some unglam situation, but also cause there'll definitely be laughter. Hui Koon!!! We must still meet up even though it'll be difficult cause we're studying in different places ya!

Actually, it was my first time in a Korean restaurant. Korean food didn't really appeal to me so I didn't try it until Hui Koon suggested we go to this restaurant which is in the Excelsior hotel, just opposite where we were working. The first amusing thing we encountered was that the chopsticks were so flat and rectangular!



Hui Koon wanted to try the rice in soup, mixed with loads of chili and I don't know what, so she asked the lady if they served rice in soup mixed with some ingredients, like those in korean dramas, and this was what we got. I'm not sure though if this was what we had in mind.





It's really a little like sukiyaki or our steamboat!.. There was quite a lot of food! I'm pretty amazed we managed to finish most of it! Since the 'chefs' that day was Hui Koon and I without anyone to help, we managed to burn the wok, or pot, or whatever you call it. Trust Hui Koon and Sarah to cook, and this is what you'll get! And we both had to agree that the tung hoon ended up looking like fried worms on the pot. We really did try our best to keep the wok unburnt by following one of the lady's instructions to pour soup. We really did!



It's quite a nice, cozy place to eat actually! Just, don't look at our wok.


Oh, and we were actually using chopsticks to flip the meat with much difficulty. And after we finished eating, we looked around and saw the table beside us flipping it with the tongs that was provided!!! Man, we could have shriveled up and died in our seats in embarrassment.

And even after our disaster, the lady was nice enough to offer to help us take a picture!



And then, we headed down to Cosafe at Chijmes for dessert! This thing is actually tiramisu! So unique right?!?! but it's a little to sweet.



Satisfied after feeling like I've swallowed an animal, whole, we headed home feeling 13216987451 kg heavier.

"Cause when you talk to me..."

10:01 PM






Profile


Smile, God loves you. Keep smiling and others will too! =)








Currents
sarah loves the people in her life.
her family [overly anxious, world's #1 parents, comical brother, wacky sister]
her friends [zany churchmates, hardworking coursemates, crazy juniors, fun-loving seniors, long-lost sec sch friends, handsome rover (and of course his owner geok, an ever loyal friend), MJCSB/AB (which definitely includes wonderful-est huiks, pok and fab)]
her hallmates [amusing (recently turned bimbo) roomie, fantastic people met in hall]
everyone else, who left a mark in her life. [you, you and you]


Rants


Links

Archive


Credits
Designer: Fish_fries
Photo: Flogao/Byluluka
Font: 1
Texture: 1
Brushes: 1 4 3
Pattern: 1
Hosts: 1 4