It was mum's birthday erm, last last last Tuesday and though dinner was a really simple one at Fish n Co.'s Glasshouse(cause mum has never eaten at Fish and Co. before!?!?!), I really liked the feeling of having dinner as a whole family! =) AND sadly, family outings or dinner only happens once in a blue moon when there's someone's birthday or wedding dinner or some special occasion lah.. to think we used to watch movies as a family, BUT Titantic, was our last movie.
I love my family! =)

That aside, uni life has started and I kinda can't bring myself to accept this fact. I can't believe I am a university student! I can't believe I live in a hostel! I can't believe I'm actually taking this course, I can't believe my lab sessions are 3 hours long and 3 times a week! I can't believe I have to sit through lectures 2 hours in length! I can't believe I have to study econs as an elective!!??!
I really miss JC life and my JC friends actually. I wish we could be in the same school, course, tutorial class, everything. I miss the times where we would just stay back after school, attempting to study but end up talking crap. I miss lunch time with ATP, eat-with-class day, band practices, dinner after band, laughing at our lecturers, pok's unglamness, hk's gayness, fabian's nonsense, alex's retardedness, sk, ty, joawhek, jasmine, geok, 213, ................................................................ the list is endless. And most of all, I miss just laughing along with them. I can't believe my JC days are really really really over. And in uni, you've really got to be independent. They no longer make announcements through the PA system, SMS reminders and stuffs like that. You are totally, on your own.
But I really thank God that at least I got hy as my roomie, Shi Yi who helps me with all my IT stuff, Geraldine who helped me get around the school's system when I was totally clueless, Ying Ning who's also in band, Charlyn Tay who's also as lost as me and Pei Yan who happened to take the same course as me! And not forgetting friends who knew I was starting uni and offered help, wished me all the best, accompanied me to get stuffs...
Most of all, I wanna thank God for giving me such wonderful parents who are ever so patient with my carelessness, forgetfulness, clumsiness..... and for sending me to school all the time! Both my parents come down with me to my hostel each weekend and also after the public holiday to help me clean my room and make sure that nothing was lacking. My dad even came all the way today just to pass me fruits he bought! =) Thanks so much dad! The new fridge, quilt, fan, all my toiletries, boiler, utensils, snacks, food.... and they are still getting a new table and futon for me! And then there's my brother who's going to sacrifice some of his precious gaming time to help me customise a new desktop and bring down to my hostel to fix it cause I'm really clueless about such stuff. And there's also my sis who went shopping with me to get all my stuff! =)... (I feel like I'm writing a speech for some star award or something.) Anyway, the main point is that I'M REALLY BLESSED WITH WONDERFUL PEOPLE ALL AROUND ME! =) Thank You! =)
"Cause when you talk to me..."
9:12 PM